Bahamas Wedding Facts
- The Bahamas Law states that the couple must be resident in The Bahamas for 24 hours prior to the date of the application.
- A Bahamian-issued marriage license is valid for 90 days for those seeking early application. You can write to the Registrar General prior to your arrival at: P.O. Box H-5553, Nassau, Bahamas. You can also fax to 242-322-5553, or visit the local Government Administrator’s Office on Governor’s Harbour to obtain a marriage license.
- If either party has been divorced, the original final decree or a certified copy (with a raised or colored seal) must be produced. For European residents, the original decree or a certified copy (with a raised or colored seal) must be produced in the native language along with a translated certified or notarized copy in English.
- If either party is widowed, the death certificate of the deceased spouse must be produced.
- The parties must produce passports along with immigration forms that are given at the time of entry into The Bahamas.
- No blood test is necessary.
- Your Bahamas Justice of the Peace(Minister) will explain all the required fees and documentation, generally under $500 including minister fees.
- Email email@example.com our resort event coordinator for assistance with selection of Justice of the Peace for Governor’s Harbour, Eleuthera.